Brewtown Politico

Carrying a little stick and speaking loudly in Milwaukee

3.08.2003

What the hell do you do with an old cellphone? Some estimates say that by 2005, there will be 500 million cell phones collecting dust. Not only is this an environmental risk with the toxic chemicals sitting in landfills, it's an enormous waste of resources.

I know that I've been averaging a new cell phone every year. So far, the old ones have just been sitting in the closet waiting for a use. I figured there must be a use for these electronic leashes so I contacted my old friend Google.

The Wireless Foundation has established the Donate a Phone program. You can ship your phone and charger directly to them or you can visit a local drop-off location. The phones are distributed to victims of domestic violence by participating organizations and police departments. The donation is even tax deductible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home