Brewtown Politico

Carrying a little stick and speaking loudly in Milwaukee

9.10.2004

Everyone's talking about memos. Memos memos memos.

Quite honestly, I haven't been spending hours comparing documents online like some others have. It's mostly because I've been spending those hours trying to evict my cat's new flea friends, but I didn't catch the 60 Minutes piece the other night either.

The National Guard story may hurt the president with some independents, but probably not enough to make a difference. At this point in the race, John Kerry can't depend on Bush's shortcomings to win. He needs to get back on message and tell the voting public why this president is wrong on domestic and foreign policy.

What I have found intriguing though is the White House is not disputing what those memos say which is quite telling. From their standpoint, the longer the media focuses on the authenticity of the memos and not what they say, the better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home