Brewtown Politico

Carrying a little stick and speaking loudly in Milwaukee

11.17.2004

Pacman breaks out of the arcade

A research team led by Dr. Adrian Cheok of the Mixed Reality Lab at the National University of Singapore has developed a virtual reality version of Pacman.

"The Human Pacman is basically a wearable computer with a head mounted display and various sensors which is sensing my body's position and as well as the head orientation so I know exactly where I am and what I'm looking at," explains Cheok.

"So when we do this we can augment the real world with the virtual world, so the Pacman world becomes part of the real world. I can see cookies in front of me and I can collect them by walking through them."

1 Comments:

At 11/17/2004 03:58:00 PM, Blogger cambridgeJason said...

I have a question. What would happen if Pacman ran into Ms. Pacman in the real world? Can we even assume that Pacman is a male? Obviously, Ms. Pacman is female because of the girly pink bow tie. Or is she? Perhaps, Ms. Pacman is actually Pacman in drag? But then where did Baby Pacman come from? So many questions to ponder.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home