Brewtown Politico

Carrying a little stick and speaking loudly in Milwaukee

6.06.2005

Sen. John Kerry vows to raise the profile of the Downing Street memo, a major issue that the American media have failed to give adequate coverage to.

"When I go back (to Washington) on Monday, I am going to raise the issue," he said of the memo, which has not been disputed by either the British or American governments. "I think it's a stunning, unbelievably simple and understandable statement of the truth and a profoundly important document that raises stunning issues here at home. And it's amazing to me the way it escaped major media discussion. It's not being missed on the Internet, I can tell you that."

The Downing Street memo is the smoking gun indicating the Bush Administration had already made up its mind to go to war with Iraq in the summer of 2002, before UN Resolution 1441 which put weapons inspectors back in Iraq, and eight months before the actual war began. More on this subject in a previous post here.

Admittedly, I'm not all that optimistic that Kerry will do what it takes to really push this issue or that the media will give a damn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home