Brewtown Politico

Carrying a little stick and speaking loudly in Milwaukee

5.12.2006

Good riddance to the Hummer H1

2006 will mark the last year for GM's Hummer H1.

The H1 gets about 10 miles per gallon, but Walsh said rising gas prices didn't factor into GM's decision. He noted that H1 buyers typically have been less sensitive about gas prices than most other drivers.

Auto analyst Erich Merkle with the Grand Rapids consulting company IRN Inc. said the decision fits with steps GM has taken to bring the Hummer brand to more mainstream drivers with the H2 and H3.

Sales of the H1 dropped 16% in 2005.

1 Comments:

At 5/13/2006 09:32:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yippee!!! Glad to see that resource-sucking monster go away.

I have a personal story related to Hummers. I once went on a second date with a guy, and he happened to come pick me up for a night out. When we left my apartment, I asked which car was his. He pointed to his Hummer. I joked, "I'm going to have to take the bus for a month to make up for this bad karma!"

He didn't think my comment was that funny...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home