Brewtown Politico

Carrying a little stick and speaking loudly in Milwaukee

5.11.2004

Kerry's legendary lead.

Mark Mellman, president of the Mellman Group, espouses in his column for the Hill that no challenger has ever done as well against an elected incumbent at this point in the campaign cycle.

This harkens back to the article I posted a few days back about a potential Kerry landslide.

There is no doubt in my mind that no matter how much the most fervent Bush supporters stand by their candidate, they are seriously worried about this race. Democrats are more hungry for this election than any election in my memory. It kind of reminds me of how Republicans felt in 1994 when they managed to take both the House and Senate from the Democrats. While it was predicted that Republicans would make gains, almost nobody predicted they would win both houses of Congress. For these reasons, I'm coming around to the idea that this election could be a decisive one for Sen. John Kerry.* However, it's still too early to predict how this thing will end up and I'm half kicking myself for even posting articles like this.

*The caveat being that those stupid electronic voting machines don't screw this whole thing up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home