Brewtown Politico

Carrying a little stick and speaking loudly in Milwaukee

3.11.2005

So there's a proposal out there whereby Waukesha County will sell off the two year institution UW-Waukesha to the state of Wisconsin so that it can be merged with the nearby UW-Milwaukee.

I started my college career at UW-Waukesha before transferring to UW-Milwaukee, and a primary reason I would support such a merger is the pain in the ass it was to transfer credits between schools. I distinctly remember taking Math 105 and English 102 at UW-Waukesha. When I transferred, neither fulfilled my math or english requirements. It ended up not being a big deal since I tested out of them both, but that's beside the point.

As to whether this is a good idea, the only question that needs to be asked is if it makes the University of Wisconsin system more efficient in serving the students. If this had been in place when I was going to UWW, it certainly could've saved me some time and money.

Now that I think about it, all in one week we have Freepers agreeing with Krugman, Stacie agreeing with Republican state Rep. Scott Jensen, and me agreeing with Mark Belling. What the hell is the world coming to?!

2 Comments:

At 3/11/2005 10:11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL. Only last Friday, I essentially agreed with an article on FightingBob.com. We'd better be careful or agreement and good cheer will break out!

 
At 3/12/2005 10:07:00 AM, Blogger Scott said...

(Raises glass and calls for a sociable)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home