Brewtown Politico

Carrying a little stick and speaking loudly in Milwaukee

6.27.2005

ColdFusion04 is filling in for Folkbum today and offers up a transcript and audio of the entertaining minutes of Rep. James Sensenbrenner's Q&A session Sunday night in Pewaukee.

The Judiciary Committee chairman was questioned on his recent behavior at a hearing on the USA Patriot Act where he went on a tyrade and gaveled the meeting to a close, and abrutly stormed out of the room over the objections of others on the panel.

Constituent: Calm down... That's all I'm saying... Now look, you're ready to jump out of your chair at me!

Sensenbrenner: I DIDN'T RECOGNIZE YOU! [His face was beet red here - veins bulging] Ms Crawford has the floor, now one at a time!

Constituent: All I'm saying is that you were hot-headed. And you were beyond the composure that I would expect from my Congressman, whether or not you feel the rules are out of order or not. I would ask for an apology for having been represented in that manner [85-year old wingnut in front of me can be heard: "OH, Come on..."].

Sensenbrenner: I don't think an apology is necessary for enforcing the rules maam. You know I don't apologize for enforcing the rules. The witnesses...

Constituent: I'm not asking you to apologize for enforcing the rules...

Click here for video of the hearing in question from June 11.

1 Comments:

At 6/28/2005 11:29:00 AM, Blogger Scott said...

Stacie over at the Vast Dairy State Conspiracy has started a new googlebomb. Jim Sensenbrenner is batshit crazy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home