Brewtown Politico

Carrying a little stick and speaking loudly in Milwaukee

7.07.2005

Fox News Channel reacts to the bombings

Washington managing editor Brit Hume:

I mean, my first thought when I heard -- just on a personal basis, when I heard there had been this attack and I saw the futures this morning, which were really in the tank, I thought, "Hmmm, time to buy."

Funny, I guess I differed from Hume in my reaction. When I woke up today, and checked the headlines, the first words out of my mouth were "Oh fuck."

Another take from Fox's Brian Kilmeade:
And that was the first time since 9-11 when they should know, and they do know now, that terrorism should be Number 1. But it's important for them all to be together. I think that works to our advantage, in the Western world's advantage, for people to experience something like this together, just 500 miles from where the attacks have happened.

Again, I differ. In judging the success of the war on terrorism, I think seeing the number of terrorist incidents going down would be a better assessment of the current policy. Using Kilmeade's logic, it's a win-win scenario. If bombings decline, we're winning, but if there are more, all the better for our side.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home