Brewtown Politico

Carrying a little stick and speaking loudly in Milwaukee

12.16.2005

So long Morning Sedition

Today was the last edition of Morning Sedition on Air America radio. The network decided to move in a new direction replacing it with morning shows hosted by Rachel Maddow and Mark Riley.

I podcasted the show via Air America Place, and listened to it daily at work. Host Marc Maron along with co-host Mark Riley and the rest of their team always provided that entertaining mix of information and funny along with interviews, and even live music. It was the type of show you don't normally find on radio, and I think the decision makers at the network have made a mistake.

Maron will be heading back out to L.A. where he may start up a new show on the network or contribute in some other fashion. Best of luck to him.

2 Comments:

At 12/16/2005 10:08:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh, I totally agree. After sampling a few of AirAmerica's podcasts, The Morning Sedition was the one I downloaded and listened to regularly. I liked listening to Marc and Mark on the way to work.

I especially liked Marc Maron's greetings, and that Scottish reporter, Angus somebody-or-other, as he reported from around the world. He would always have me guffawing in my car on the way to work.

The shows they have as a replacement promise to be too serious. Since my morning temperament tends towards dyspepsia, I surely don't need anything too grim or strident in the mornings.

By the way, I use the term "christo-fascists" regularly now, thanks to Morning Sedition

 
At 12/20/2005 12:13:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not sure why, but I never really got into that show. I guess I found it to be poorly produced. I bought a satellite radio almost exclusively to be able listen to Air America, and I found myself thoroughly disappointed with the morning drive time show. To be fair, I have had XM for about 18 months and I probably only listened to the show about a dozen times, for 10-15 minutes each before I turned it off. Maybe I just caught some bad individual programs. I will give props to the "christo-fascists" term.

The addition of Jerry Springer was a bad idea for any time of the day. Jerry isn't too terrible, but just his name ruins whatever credibility the network had. They couldn't have picked a worse 'brand' to add to the lineup. They should see if they can move Ed Shultz (sp?) to the morning drive slot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home