Brewtown Politico

Carrying a little stick and speaking loudly in Milwaukee

4.27.2006

When future activists don't pay attention in science class...

They grow up to be uneducated anti stem-cell research activists, judging from this bit of news. Governor Jim Doyle, as part of an effort to make Wisconsin a leader stem-cell research, signed an executive order allocating $5 million dollars to attract companies to do the work in Wisconsin.

The response of Wisconsin Right to Life, in a desperate attempt to oppose this move, was to put out this BS:

"Embryonic stem cells are too dangerous to put into a human person because the cells cannot be controlled and can create tumors."

Doyle's opponent in the November election, Congressman Mark Green, has the full support of Wisconsin Right to Life for his opposition to embryonic stem-cell research. Someone send these folks back to biology class so they don't dumb down the education of their fellow Wisconsinites any longer.

4 Comments:

At 4/27/2006 09:42:00 PM, Blogger xoff said...

Dad29 says embryos are babies.

 
At 4/27/2006 10:54:00 PM, Blogger Scott said...

Oh boy. Maybe this definition of a blastocyst from the Online Medical Dictionary will help.

blastocyst

In mammalian development, cleavage produces a thin walled hollow sphere, whose wall is the trophoblast, with the embryo proper being represented by a mass of cells at one side. The blastocyst is formed before implantation and is equivalent to the blastula.

 
At 4/28/2006 02:09:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Scott,

I've been thinking about having this boil on my arse lanced. It's just become too darn uncomfortable.

But I'm having mixed feelings. Maybe you can help me. Will I burn in hell for killing a baby if I have it lanced?

Or should I raise it as my own and send it to college?

Also, how does this affect that stuff under my townails? It's fungal yet kind of attached to the cudicle. Does that make it a baby?

I have mistaken fundumentalism for Christianity and am now in an ethical downward spiral of moral absolutism and, therefore, self-absolution, which is sacrilege. How do I stop being apocryphal and embrace the uncertainty of the dilemma of life that was the gift of God and return to my faith?

 
At 4/28/2006 05:38:00 PM, Blogger Scott said...

Save the boils you murderer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home