Brewtown Politico

Carrying a little stick and speaking loudly in Milwaukee

12.09.2004

Back in late March when the Air America radio network premiered, we heard all the doomsday predictions from conservatives who wanted it to fail. We haven't heard anything lately from those same folks who would now have to concede that liberal radio is fast becoming a success.

The network is now at 40 affiliates with reportedly more to come after the new year. They have also secured new financing and brought on Real Networks CEO Rob Glaser as their chairman. Also, Al Franken and Randi Rhodes have renewed their contracts with the network with Morning Sedition hosts Marc Maron and Mark Riley and others expected to follow.

The success of Air America really started when they moved from a model of purchasing radio stations to seeking out affiliates who wanted to air their programming. The shows themselves have also matured whereas when they started their flow was a little rough around the edges. With conservative radio getting more boring by the day as the hosts read the daily marching orders faxed to them by Grover Norquist, Air America and other liberal talk show hosts like Ed Schultz are seeing the fruits of their labor pay off.

2 Comments:

At 12/09/2004 04:40:00 PM, Blogger Benny B said...

I'm a daily listener to Air America. It's so nice to have our side have a chance to have a voice. (And what a voice it is!) They compete very well against O'Reilly and Rush as well.

I love your blog...I visit every day as well. I'm new to the 'blogosphere', but I'm trying. If you get a chance, check out my blog-it's pretty rough yet, but I try. I figured you'd appreciate the encouragement from a fellow Milwaukeean.
benpac.blogspot.com

 
At 12/10/2004 09:45:00 AM, Blogger Scott said...

I listen when I can to some of the shows. Since there's not an affiliate in Milwaukee, the net is the only option although you can download daily audio archives off airamericaplace.com.

Thanks for the compliments. I've also added your site to the roll. Welcome aboard.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home