Brewtown Politico

Carrying a little stick and speaking loudly in Milwaukee

1.06.2006

Why I (heart) David Letterman

He interviewed talk show host pathological liar Bill O'Reilly on Thursday's Late Show:

LETTERMAN: I'm not smart enough to debate you point to point on this, but I have the feeling, I have the feeling about 60 percent of what you say is crap. [audience laughter] But I don't know that for a fact. [more audience applause]

Paul Shafer: 60 percent.

LETTERMAN: 60 percent. I'm just spit-balling here.

O'REILLY: Listen, I respect your opinion. You should respect mine.

LETTERMAN: Well, ah, I, okay. But I think you're...

O'REILLY: Our analysis is based on the best evidence we can get.

LETTERMAN: Yeah, but I think there's something, this fair and balanced. I'm not sure that it's, I don't think that you represent an objective viewpoint.

Crooks and Liars has the video. Transcript at Newsday.

3 Comments:

At 1/07/2006 10:15:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw it. Priceless!!!! We gotta love Dave.

 
At 1/09/2006 01:18:00 PM, Blogger Benny B said...

I wish I had seen it on TV, but CNN has this article about O'Lie-ly, and how he LOVES confrontations. http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/01/09/tv.oreillys.fights.ap/index.html

What a tool.

 
At 1/10/2006 01:22:00 AM, Blogger Scott said...

Yeah I saw that article. It screamed: "I have a good publicist that knows how to get me press."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home